Disney Plus is the best live streaming platform among the other live streaming platforms. You can watch movies, TV shows, sports news, etc., on the Disney Plus platform. With the subscription, you can watch the latest movies and live streaming on Disney Plus. Before getting the subscription, you need to get Disney Plus activated on your devices. But while activating Disney Plus and the login process, most of them face errors. These errors are like a black screen appearing on the screen while operating Disney Plus. So, in this article, we will see how to fix the Disney Plus black screen appearance issue on smart TVs. We will also see the reason behind the appearance of a black screen while operating Disney Plus below;
What is the Disney Plus error that is the black screen?
Disney plus error or issue occurs due to various reasons. When the Disney plus error occurs, it is displayed as a code. And you can detect the issue with Disney Plus using that code. When you do any wrong process in Disney Plus, the Disney Plus error occurs. For example, if you enter the wrong login ID and password for Disney Plus, the error may occur. And this is what a Disney plus error is. When you are Disney Plus does not work on any device, the Disney Plus error occurs in the form of code. The Disney Plus black screen issue is similar. There might be various reasons why the Disney Plus black screen appears. Some of them face the Disney Plus black screen issue on smart TVs. So, we will see the reason behind the Disney Plus black screen issue on smart TVs.
Why does Disney plus black screen occur on Smart TV?
Here are some reasons why the Disney Plus black screen occurs on smart TVs;
- The first reason is due to the region restrictions. Sometimes, Disney Plus may not work in some regions. And due to that, Disney + black screen may appear.
- Another reason is the restrictions for the IP address in your region. Due to the IP address of your device, the Disney Plus black screen may appear. Disney Plus will detect the IP address and your region.
- Another reason is due to the weak internet connection. Sometimes, your internet may get slow while operating Disney Plus. So you might see a Disney Plus black screen on your Smart TV.
- The next reason might be due to improper browser extensions. Sometimes, you may use browser extensions that are not compatible. And that is why the Disney Plus black screen on your smart TV may occur.
- Disney Plus black screen on smart TV may occur due to the down server of Disney Plus. The Disney Plus server may get down, so the issue may occur.
- The Disney Plus black screen on smart TVs can also be due to the corrupted application files. Some files in Disney Plus may get corrupted, and the issue may occur.
So these might be the reasons behind the Disney Plus black screen on your Smart TV. There might be some other reason behind this issue.
Fix Disney plus black screen issue on Smart TV:-
As we all know, why does the Disney Plus black screen issue on smart TVs occur? Now we will see how to fix the Disney Plus black screen issue on smart TVs;
Disney plus server fixing:-
As we have seen the Disney Plus black screen issue on smart TVs occurs due to server down issue of Disney Plus. To fix this issue, you can check the Disney Plus server. And if you find the server is down, then wait for a while till the server comes back. To check the server of your Disney Plus, you can go to the down detector. Using the down detector, you can check the server status of your Disney Plus application. They will tell you that the maintenance work of Disney Plus is going on, so the server is down.
Fix internet connection issue to solve Disney plus black screen issue on Smart TV:-
If your internet connection is down or slow, the Disney Plus black screen issue on the smart TV main appears. For that, you need to check the internet connection connected to your Smart TV. Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your Smart TV. Then, check the internet connection range and server. It will let you know whether the connection is down or okay. To check the speed of your internet, you can use the speed test. Using the speed test, you will get to know the speed of your internet, which is connected to the smart TV. Disney Plus says that you require 5 Mbps internet speed for HD videos and 25 Mbps internet speed for 4K videos. If your internet speed exceeds that, then the Disney Plus black screen issue may appear.
Try to fix the black screen issue by changing the IP address to a Google DNS address:-
Here is another solution to fix the Disney Plus black screen issue on smart TVs. On your Smart TV, instead of using the Disney Plus application, if you use a browser, then the issue may occur. To fix this issue, you can use the Google DNS address. You just have to change the IP address of your device to the Google DNS address. After doing this, you can again check whether Disney Plus application issues still exist. Below are RD steps to convert an IP address into a Google DNS address;
- First of all, from your smart TV, go to the control panel.
- Open the Network and Internet connection option.
- Then click on the View Network Status and Tasks.
- Now go to the change adaptor settings.
- From there, click on the connection to enter the Google DNS address.
- From there, select the properties option.
- Now, from the networking tab, click on Internet Protocol version 4 or Internet Protocol version 6.
- Then click on the Properties option.
- Now tick in the box which shows use the following DNA server address.
- After that, replace your IP address with B Google DNS address 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 for IPv5 and 2001:4860:4860:8888, 2001:4860:4860:8844.
- Then click on the okay to make changes and change the IP address to the DNS address.
- That’s it; the issue is resolved.
Fix the Disney plus black screen issue on smart TV by turning off chrome extensions:-
This way, you can fix the Disney Plus black screen on smart TVs. To turn off the Chrome extensions, follow the steps below;
- Open the Google Chrome from your Smart TV.
- Then, from the three dots, open the settings.
- Then, from settings, click on the extension option.
- Now turn off the suspicious extensions, according to you.
- Now again, try to open the Disney Plus application on your Smart TV.
Uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus application or update the Disney Plus application on Smart TV:-
- Go to the Google Play Store from your Smart TV.
- Then, check whether there is any update for your Disney Plus application.
- If any update is available, then update the Disney Plus application.
- If you still face the black screen issue, uninstall the Disney Plus application and reinstall it from the Google Play Store.
- Now try to open Disney Plus on your Smart TV.
Note:- Despite using these solutions, if you don’t get the issue result, then you can visit the Disney Plus technical support.